Sunday 22 March 2015

Current Project: City Lights

For my uni project I have been photographing Nottingham at night, looking at the patterns and shapes created by the lights of the city




I've also been playing around with the shutter speed on my camera and experimenting with some light drawing techniques. The first one was done by moving a phone light, whilst the other ones were created by moving the camera itself.




I feel that doing photography for this project has really helped me to engage with it and develop my theme further than just drawing geometric shapes and patterns. I'm looking at the narrative of my photos, how light is moving (or not moving) across the image, and how the colours interact with one another. 

On another note, I used to be really interested in photography when I was younger and I would take my camera with me on every day trip and holiday I did, but as I got older I lost interest in doing this (perhaps related to when I first got an iPhone with a decent camera!). So doing this project has made me realise how much I actually love using my camera again and that the images I can create with it are just as important and as interesting to me as my other art. So what began as just a starting point for my project is now turning into a much more significant part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment