Sunday 19 April 2015

Heat Transfer Dyes and Life Drawing

During the latter half of this week I further explored stencils and heat transfer dyes. One idea I had was to put the stencil over the fabric and use it as a resist so the dyes only transfer in the shape of the stencil, and then use this technique to recreate the images I had made earlier in the week. Below shows my experimentation with this technique and its varying results.


I used normal cartridge paper for the stencil and I found that although it resisted most of the dyes it was not quite thick enough to resist the blue dye, due to its strong pigmentation. So for next week I bought some thicker paper and card and have made new stencils to try out. However I really like how theses samples turned out, despite the issue with the blue dye, and I feel this is already quite a development on the dye work I did earlier this week.


On Thursday I also had a three hour life drawing session which was a nice break from my current project. The pictures below show some of the work I did, but I will eventually post them properly on my separate drawing blog, which can be found by clicking on the link on the right hand side or by clicking here. Please follow this blog to see updates on my life drawing and other drawings I'm currently doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment